PSC RANK HOLDERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Touratech Zega panniers and Pannier Frames

Go down

Touratech Zega panniers and Pannier Frames Empty Touratech Zega panniers and Pannier Frames

Post  Roads007 Thu Apr 14, 2011 7:43 pm

Well having acquired a pair of excellent secondhand Touratech 35/41litre panniers, I ordered the Touratech 18mm pannier frames which took a mere two days to arrive. Who said Touratech take ages? Anyway with the frames are a host of brackets, extra bits of metal, nuts and bolts, etc, plus the assembly instructions in German.

OK, OK, it's not rocket science and I'm sure I can work it out but some advice would be helpful please.

I've also found that the pannier mounting whatsits on the back of the panniers don't quite tie up with the pannier frames so the top ones at least will need moving and the bolt holes re-drilled. The picture of the back of the panniers on p181 of the Touratech suggests that the bottom of the frames should be parallel with the bottom of the panniers, but I prefer the slightly upward tilt look. Can anyone see any problem with that?

Ernie at Overland Solutions suggests have them anodised to prevent everything becoming black from the alloy but I think I'll have the insides painted with two-pack paint.

Any comments gratefully received.

Villas Greece|Villa Greece

Roads007

Back to top Go down