PSC RANK HOLDERS ASSOCIATION
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fido or Rogers plan for the iphone?

Go down

Fido or Rogers plan for the iphone? Empty Fido or Rogers plan for the iphone?

Post  Roads007 Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:52 pm

Hello

Maybe someone out there can help me with this.

I am going to get the iphone 3GS either with Fido or Rogers.

Fido: $25 for 100 minutes (billed by the second, which is supposed to be 40% better than 100 "billed by the minute" minutes), unlimited evenings/weekends starting at 7pm, additional $10 for visual voicemail and call display, and additional $30 for 6GB promotional data plan. Total: $65 plus GST.

Rogers: 300 minutes (billed by the minute), unlimited evenings (start at 9pm) and weekends, visual voicemail and call display, 6GB data. Total: $77.45 + GST.

Based on the above, I'd go with Fido, simply because it would be $12 less per month, and evenings start at 7pm instead of 9pm. But when I talked to Rogers, they said that I will get inferior coverage and data speed with Fido, because Fido does not use ALL of Rogers' cell phone towers. Rogers said that their data speed is between 2 and 7.2 MBps.

THEN I called Fido, and they said that what Rogers told me is not true, and infact you will not notice a difference between data speed on Fido vs Rogers on the iphone 3GS. The Fido guy said that Fido uses 100% of the Rogers towers at the exact same capacity as Rogers (which means that if this is true, the Rogers person I spoke to was either not being honest, ignorant, or speaking half-truths). I was told that Fido's data speed is between 5.8 and 8.7 MBps (faster than Rogers). On top of that, I was told that Fido has additional towers that Rogers can't use, so infact, if anything, Fido has better coverage / signal strength.

The Fido guy also told me that Rogers does not 100% own Fido. It seems like Rogers and Fido are competing against each other, which surprised me, because I was under the impression that they are basically the same company.

Can anyone tell me what to believe?
unlock iphone 4|unlock iphone

Roads007

Back to top Go down